---
---
---
---
I want to note that every time I felt "stuck", it was more so a matter of me being easily distracted by momentary successes or failures. "Oh hey, it's a breakthrough! Potentially!" I would say, as an AHA! moment manifested before me. "This means I can take a break, because all the hard thinking has been done!" Of course, I still haven't learned despite suffering because of that mentality for the past many years of my university career. This was also shown in the thought processes above. The other unfortunate tendency I had was that when I found myself able to just work on repetitive and simple tasks, I would trap myself into doing it instead of looking outside the box (even though I was in a position to do so. For example, I didn't need to go through the entire long multiplication at the start if I knew that there was basically no meaningful correlation).
Other than that, it was a pretty fun problem to go through! I think that as teachers, we'd have to decipher many unique individuals with their own ways to arrive at solutions. While I predict that none of them will be absurdly creative with their approaches towards the same answer, this is definitely an obstacle that may arise, especially in such a surprisingly interpretative subject like mathematics. The fact that students can't really generate the same steps in longer problems is what I suspect is the foundation of detecting whether students have copied off one another or not. That's certainly a lesson to be gained from this lesson I also want to shout myself out by saying I did not expect to connect this problem to graph theory at the end with the complete bipartite graphs, but it looks like I did. I think I could've gone deeper, but by the end I was finally free. Unstuck, if you will.
No comments:
Post a Comment