It is complete* -- the unit plan and 3 lesson plans!!!
- Unit Plan - Introduction to Polynomials, Mathematics 9
- Lesson #6 Plan - Math lab for Multiplying/Dividing Polynomials by Monomials
- Lesson #9 Plan - Presentation day for project: Funky Measurements Inquiry Project
- Lesson #10 Plan - Review lesson + whiteboard review activity
*If anyone has feedback, feel free to comment on the Google Docs linked above and I will address it accordingly. Otherwise, I am very happy with the lesson plans that I have written up... though they certainly took a lot of time! Of course, I feel that they took a long time because I felt that I cared a lot about them while doing them.
In any case, there are some pretty neat ideas in my opinion. Each lesson has something different:
- Lesson #6: A lab-style "lesson" where students are given reminders of definitions, and they have to extend off their prior knowledge into the skills and content being introduced
- Lesson #9: Presentation day for a small inquiry project where students use self-made units to estimate quantities, and make an artistic piece to represent their measurement polynomials
- Lesson #10: A review day before the unit test with a whiteboard activity where students teach each other, and a practice unit test homework handout
My current stance regarding my own materials is that I will not gatekeep anything; if you look at whatever materials I have and deem them suitable, feel free to use them. (Though if your SA asks, please do not credit yourself!)
Special thanks to:
- Sahl and Josh for giving initial feedback during the unit plan peer review class
- Jacob for providing feedback on making the project handout clearer
- Saiya for providing feedback on various aspects of Lesson #10 Plan
No comments:
Post a Comment